Monday 15 March 2010

Using Redscale



I'm also doing a few experiments by double exposing photos together to give a dreamlike and spirittual quality to the term 'spirit of place'.


Now I'm thinking about the possibilities of using messages in the image to lend a sense of positive or negative sentiment to the places. By wirting out words of encouragement or praise against insult or pessimistic thoughts leads me to show how a place can give of bad vibes or good vibes expressed with words and feelings by an individuals thoughts. The messages can have a different correlation to the place they are shown in but I want to show a clear and poetic distinction between area.










The idea of tagging lead to mixed reactions from critiques about what I'm trying to represent. In the long run I supose I agree with this so now I'm trying out more new ideas to work alongside my view point idea. The use of too many symbols in the view point and tag pictures perhaps makes everything seem too crowded so now I'm looking at other ways. These photos show my experimentation with redscale film which obviouslt makes everything look red and burnt out. Its an interesting outcome but not one I'll pursue further for final pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment