Wednesday 17 February 2010

Looking At Places And Human Habitat


So to begin with, I went around documenting different areas I came across to show different sides of human habitat and identity by showing what I feel makes national identity and current recession hit climate. These photos show this as well as areas hit by seemingly never ending neglect. The effects of urban decay has lead to negative associations with certain areas and how people tend to walk by without no more sense of interest. These photos show a sense of what was and is now missing.





For my final major university project I decided that I would go out by looking at the human relationship with places and environment in the way that areas give off different meanings to people. I want to look at and represent how places create positive and negative effects to the feelings of people and how an area creates natural, inspiring beauty or a sense of decay and neglect. I'm looking at the terms 'spirit of place', 'sense of place' and 'place identity' to illustrate the feeling of tranquility or chaos. I will be working with photos and manipulating them to represent these very real places in society and my final outcomes will aim to show contrast between the good and the bad side to the environment, focusing on the differences between natural beauty and its relaxing nature against the crime and neglect of areas caused by urban decay.

No comments:

Post a Comment