Wednesday 17 February 2010

Negative Places


These photos represent looking out on soceity in a pessimistic way due to how they effect the individual. Here are scenes of boarded up houses, multi story carparks and litter in urban planning which lead to bad conceptions from the public.











I've now started with an idea about view points and how I want to signify the positive or negative effects of a place in peoples eyes. I'm going with an idea I started to use in my last project and I'm expanding that further. I've created plus and minus sign windows which I have stuck on the front of my camera and I have been going around looking at places or parts of society that is common in giving an area a bad name. These photos represent the view of an individual in the literal sense as a sort of comical/surreal turn on how these areas are seen by people. Above we have scenes of the sordid, decaying, abandoned and mundane, which lead to areas being just a dirty blotch on human habitat.

No comments:

Post a Comment